The Ultimate Long Weekend in Finland
Discover the natural beauty of Finland - where lakes and forests meet urban sophistication.
22 April 2023
As a tourist in Finland, you can experience the beauty of the Aurora Borealis, snow skiing, and a sled ride with a pack of huskies. Finnish culture includes saunas, reindeer sleigh rides, and Finnish cuisine including Karelian pies, Baltic herring, and local breweries. The capital Helsinki has museums, art galleries, and fashionable shops along with a waterfront market, Kauppatori, where you can experience Finnish street food.
Getting latest place information
- Check in at Hotel Kämp, the luxurious hotel with beautiful art deco interior in the heart of Helsinki.
- Have a traditional Finnish breakfast at the iconic Cafe Regatta by the sea.
- Walk around the beautiful city center and visit the Helsinki Cathedral, a stunning neoclassical architecture.
- Take a ferry to Suomenlinna Sea Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage site and learn about its history.
- Have dinner at Ravintola Savotta, a cozy restaurant serving classic Finnish cuisine.
- Take a train to Nuuksio National Park, a beautiful nature park with forests, lakes, and hiking trails.
- Enjoy a picnic with Finnish specialties such as Karelian pies and smoked salmon.
- Learn how to make Finnish sweets such as cinnamon rolls and “pulla” at the Fazer Visitor Center.
- Visit the Design District of Helsinki and pop into Marimekko for a souvenir or two.
- End the day at Kallio neighborhood, known for its nightlife and trendy bars.
- Visit the famous Ateneum Art Museum, showcasing Finnish and international art from the 18th century to modern day.
- Stroll down the Mannerheimintie street and visit the iconic Finlandia Hall.
- Have a traditional Finnish lunch buffet with reindeer and salmon at the Lappi Ravintola.
- Visit a Finnish sauna at Löyly, located by the Baltic Sea.
- End the trip with a farewell dinner at Grön, a Michelin-starred restaurant with an emphasis on plant-based and foraged ingredients.
- Don't forget to stock up on Fazer chocolate and Moomin souvenirs before you leave!