Torino Treasure Hunt: A Fun-Filled Family Day Trip!
Discover Torino: An Enchanting Italian Getaway for the Whole Family!
19 July 2023
Torino, located in the beautiful Piedmont region of Italy, is a perfect destination for a family-friendly trip. From historical landmarks like the imposing Mole Antonelliana, home to the National Cinema Museum, to the interactive and educational exhibits at the Museo Nazionale del Cinema, there is always something to engage children of all ages. Furthermore, Torino offers delightful parks, charming pedestrian streets, and gelato shops galore, ensuring a fun-filled and memorable experience for the whole family.
Day trip plan
Getting latest place information
- Start your day by visiting the magnificent Mole Antonelliana, where you can ride an elevator up to a panoramic terrace and soak in breathtaking views of Torino.
- Indulge your taste buds at Eataly Torino Lingotto, a gastronomic paradise offering delectable Italian delicacies and mouthwatering gelato.
- Take a leisurely stroll through Valentino Park, a charming oasis in the heart of the city, and rent a pedal boat to enjoy a whimsical ride on the park's serene lake.
- Dive into science and technology at the interactive and captivating Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci.
- Discover the quirky side of Torino by exploring the Museum of Ancient Artillery, where you can get up close and personal with medieval war machines.
- Treat yourselves to a hearty Italian dinner at Tre Galline, an iconic restaurant serving traditional Piemontese dishes bursting with flavors that will leave you craving for more.
How to get there
The best way to get to Torino, Italy by plane is to fly into the Torino-Caselle Airport, which is located approximately 16 kilometers north of the city center. The airport is served by a number of airlines, including Alitalia, Ryanair, and Lufthansa. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a shuttle bus to the city center.
If you are driving to Torino, the best route depends on where you are coming from. If you are coming from Milan, take the A4 autostrada east to Torino. If you are coming from Turin, take the A55 autostrada west to Torino. Once you arrive in the city, be aware that parking can be difficult and expensive in the city center.
If you prefer to travel by train, the best way to get to Torino is to take a train to Torino Porta Susa or Torino Porta Nuova. These are the two main railway stations in the city and are served by high-speed trains from a number of cities across Italy and Europe.
While there are no direct boat routes to Torino, you can take a ferry from Genoa or Nice to the nearby port of Savona, which is about 100 kilometers from Torino. From Savona, you can take a train or a bus to Torino, or rent a car and drive along the scenic coast.
If you are on a budget, the best way to get to Torino is to take a long-distance bus from a nearby city, such as Milan or Turin. The bus station in Torino is located near the city center, making it easy to get to your final destination.