Romantic Oslo: A Day Trip Guide
Experience love, romance and adventure in Oslo, Norway.
04 June 2023
Oslo, Norway offers the perfect romantic getaway for couples looking to indulge in each other's company. With its picturesque landscapes, glistening fjords, cozy cafes, and boutique hotels, Oslo promises an intimate, unforgettable experience. Explore the stunning wilderness, take a romantic stroll around the city, and savor delicious Scandinavian cuisine for a fairy tale-like weekend in Oslo.
Day trip plan
Getting latest place information
- Start your day with a stroll around Frogner Park, home to over 200 bronze statues, including the famous "Angry Boy" and "The Monolith."
- Take a scenic walk down Karl Johans gate, Oslo's main street, and admire the historic architecture.
- Visit the Opera House, an iconic building with a sloping roof that allows visitors to walk up to the rooftop for panoramic views of the city.
- Head to Mathallen Oslo, a food hall with a wide variety of cuisines, perfect for a romantic lunch.
- End your day with a visit to the Akershus Fortress, where you can explore the medieval castle, enjoy the views of the harbor, and watch the sunset hand in hand.
- Bonus: For a romantic evening meal, book a table at Statholdergaarden, a Michelin-starred restaurant that serves Norwegian cuisine with a modern twist.
How to get there
The best way to get to Oslo by plane is to fly into Oslo Gardermoen Airport from your nearest international airport.
Driving from Stockholm, Sweden to Oslo, Norway is a beautiful journey. The E18 highway runs between these two capital cities.
If you would like to travel to Oslo by train, take the Oslo to Bergen Railway, one of the most scenic trains in Europe.
Traveling by boat from Copenhagen, Denmark to Oslo, Norway is one of the most picturesque ways to explore the country. The boat ride traverses through the beautiful Oslo Fjord and will drop you off at the Oslo Ferry Terminal.
Taking the bus from Copenhagen, Denmark to Oslo is a comfortable and scenic option. Companies like Eurolines and Swebus offer daily services from Copenhagen to Oslo.