Gdynia Unleashed: A Family's 3-Day Adventure on a Budget!
Discover the charm of Gdynia, a Polish gem perfect for unforgettable family adventures!
19 July 2023
Gdynia, located on the beautiful Baltic Sea coast, is a fantastic destination for a family-friendly trip in Poland. With its sandy beaches, vibrant promenade, and charming marina, there are endless opportunities for fun-filled activities such as swimming, building sandcastles, and exploring the seafront. The city also offers numerous kid-friendly attractions, including the Polish Navy Museum, the Aquarium Gdynia, and the stunning Gdynia City Museum, making it an ideal destination for creating unforgettable memories with the entire family.
Getting latest place information
- Check into Hotel Gdynia, a family-friendly retreat with cozy rooms and easy access to the city's attractions.
- Start your day with a visit to the impressive Gdynia Aquarium, where quirky sea creatures will captivate everyone's imagination.
- Take a leisurely stroll along the charming promenade of Skwer Kościuszki, admiring the sea views and enjoying the lively atmosphere.
- Explore the Dar Pomorza, a majestic tall ship turned museum, and let your little adventurers channel their inner sailors.
- Treat your taste buds to some mouthwatering pierogi, traditional Polish dumplings, at the legendary Babcia Malina restaurant.
- End your day with a delightful sunset picnic on the sandy shores of Gdynia Beach, complete with ice cream and laughter.
- Embark on a thrilling day at the Aquapark Sopot, where water slides, wave pools, and relaxation zones promise excitement for the whole family.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of Gdynia at the Polish Navy Museum, where naval artifacts and interactive exhibits await curious minds.
- Head to the beautiful Orlowo Cliff for a scenic hike, taking in the breathtaking coastal views and perhaps spotting some seals in the distance.
- Indulge in a delicious lunch at Restauracja Mestwin, where traditional Polish dishes mingle with innovative flavors in a vibrant setting.
- Let your little ones unleash their creativity at the Emigration Museum, where interactive exhibits and stories of Polish emigrants will inspire and entertain.
- Board the ORP Błyskawica, a historic destroyer turned museum, and discover the fascinating naval history that shaped Gdynia.
- Treat yourselves to a delightful brunch at the charming Cafe Renaissance, where mouthwatering pastries and aromatic coffee will fuel your adventures.
- Visit the Experyment Science Center, a hands-on museum where kids (and adults!) can explore the wonders of science through interactive exhibitions.
- Take a leisurely bike ride along the stunning Gdynia coastline, stopping at hidden beaches and picturesque viewpoints along the way.
- End your trip on a memorable note with dinner at Restauracja Ten Hong, a family-friendly spot serving delicious Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine in a vibrant atmosphere.
How to get there
The best way to get to Gdynia by plane is to fly into Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport, which is approximately 24 kilometres away from Gdynia. From there, you can take a train, bus or car to get to Gdynia.
The best way to get to Gdynia by car is to take the A1 motorway from Warsaw or the E28 from Gdańsk. Once you reach the outskirts of Gdynia, there are a number of parking facilities you can use.
The best way to get to Gdynia by train is to take a direct train from any major Polish city, such as Warsaw or Krakow, to Gdynia Główna train station. The journey time varies depending on the starting point, but it typically takes around 4-5 hours.
The best way to get to Gdynia by boat is to take a ferry from Helsinki in Finland or Karlskrona in Sweden to Gdynia port. From there, you can take a taxi or public transport to reach your destination in Gdynia.
The best way to get to Gdynia by bus is to take a coach from Warsaw or Gdańsk directly to Gdynia main bus station. There are also a number of local bus services that connect the surrounding towns and cities.