The Ultimate Day Trip to Słupsk, Poland
Discover the charm of Słupsk, Poland - where history meets modernity.
22 April 2023
As a tourist visiting Słupsk, visitors can explore the charming Old Town area with its historic buildings, cobblestone streets, and quaint shops. They can also check out the impressive Castle of the Pomeranian Dukes, which dates back to the 14th century and showcases a range of impressive architectural styles. And for some outdoor adventures, visitors can head to nearby Choczewo Forest, which offers opportunities for hiking, biking, and wildlife spotting.
Day trip plan
Getting latest place information
- Start your day by visiting the Castle of Pomeranian Dukes, a stunning building that dates back to the 14th century.
- Take a stroll down 3 Maja Street to see some of the most beautiful architecture in the city.
- In the afternoon, head to the Muzeum Pomorza Środkowego for a fascinating insight into the history of the region.
- For lunch, try the delicious pierogi (dumplings) at Pierogarnia u Ewy, a local restaurant famous for its homely atmosphere and excellent food.
- End your day by visiting the Church of St. Jack and admiring the stunning Gothic architecture.
- For dinner, head to Restauracja Wodnik for a delicious meal featuring traditional Polish cuisine such as schnitzel and grilled meats.
- Overall, Słupsk is a charming city that offers a glimpse into the region's fascinating history and culture. Visitors will be enchanted by the beautiful architecture, friendly locals and delicious food.
How to get there
The best way to get to Słupsk, Poland by plane is to fly into Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport and then take a 3-hour bus or train ride to Słupsk.
Driving to Słupsk is convenient if you have access to a car. You can take the A1 highway from Gdańsk and the journey takes about 2.5 hours.
There is a train station in Słupsk, so you can take a train directly to the city from major cities in Poland such as Warsaw or Gdansk.
There are no major ports or waterways that connect to Słupsk. Taking a boat is not a feasible option to reach the city.
Taking a bus from Gdańsk is the best way to get to Słupsk. You can take a direct bus from the airport or the city center. The journey takes around 3 hours.