Experience Uppsala's Charm: A 3-Day Adventure
Discover the historic charm of Uppsala, Sweden.
22 April 2023
Uppsala is an idyllic Swedish city located just north of Stockholm, offering visitors a perfect blend of history and modernity. The city is home to world-famous universities, Gothic cathedrals, and stunning gardens, all of which make it a must-visit destination for any tourist. With plenty of excellent dining options, vibrant nightlife, and friendly locals, Uppsala is a prime location for those looking to soak up Scandinavia's charming aesthetic.
Getting latest place information
- Check into Hotel Uppsala, a charming boutique hotel in the heart of the city
- Head to Fyris River for a scenic stroll and check out the iconic Gamla Uppsala mounds
- Visit the Uppsala Cathedral, the largest church in Scandinavia, and admire its Gothic architecture and impressive history
- Pop into the quirky S:t Erik's Ölcafé for a local brew and some delicious traditional Swedish snacks
- End the day with a dinner at Stationen, a trendy restaurant that serves contemporary Nordic cuisine with a twist
- Start the day with a hearty Swedish breakfast at Café Vurma
- Visit the famous Linnaeus Museum to learn about the life and work of the famous scientist Carl Linnaeus
- Head to the Uppsala Botanical Gardens for a peaceful walk and a chance to appreciate the stunning flora
- Check out Upplandsmuseet, which showcases local history and culture through interactive exhibits and artifacts
- End the day with a dinner at Restaurang Italienska palatset, a charming Italian restaurant with a cozy atmosphere and delicious food.
- Begin the day with a visit to the stunning Uppsala Castle, built in the 16th century and once the residence of Swedish royalty
- Walk around the historic city center for some shopping and a chance to admire the iconic architecture
- Check out Fyris Market for some local produce and handmade crafts
- Take a break at another quirky café, Café Linné, for coffee and some homemade pastries
- End the day with a dinner at Kungsgatan 27, a stylish and modern restaurant that serves delicious fusion cuisine.
- Three days in Uppsala will give you the perfect amount of time to explore this charming city that's steeped in history, culture, and nature. There's something for everyone here, from exploring museums to strolling through gardens and trying out delicious local cuisine. Enjoy your stay!
How to get there
The best way to get to Uppsala by plane is to fly into Arlanda Airport, which is about 30 minutes away by train. There are many airlines that fly into Arlanda, including SAS, Norwegian, and Ryanair.
You can reach Uppsala by car via the E4 motorway. The journey from Stockholm takes about 1 hour, depending on traffic. There is plenty of parking in Uppsala, including several paid parking lots.
You can take a train to Uppsala from Stockholm Central Station. Trains run frequently and the journey takes about 40 minutes. There are also trains that go directly to Uppsala from Arlanda Airport.
There are no direct boat services to Uppsala, but you can take a boat from Stockholm to Uppsala via the picturesque waterways. The journey takes about 2.5 hours and tickets can be purchased online.
The best way to get to Uppsala by bus is to take the Flixbus from Stockholm. The journey takes about 1 hour and buses run frequently throughout the day.