Detroit Delights: A Thrilling Family Adventure
Discover the hidden gems of Detroit together on an unforgettable family adventure!
19 July 2023
A family-friendly trip to Detroit, United States offers an exciting mix of cultural attractions, green spaces, and fun-filled activities for all ages. Explore the famous Detroit Institute of Arts and immerse yourself in art, history, and interactive exhibits at the Detroit Historical Museum. Enjoy the outdoor beauty of Belle Isle Park, where you can visit the zoo, go biking, or have a picnic by the waterfront, making it a perfect destination for families looking to make lasting memories.
Getting latest place information
- Check into the family-friendly MotorCity Casino Hotel, a trendy retreat with luxurious rooms and a lively casino. Roll the dice!
- Start your Detroit adventure with a visit to the Henry Ford Museum, showcasing everything from vintage cars to the actual bus where Rosa Parks took a stand.
- Get artsy at the Detroit Institute of Arts, home to a mind-boggling collection of masterpieces. Van Gogh, Monet, and your inner artist will be smitten.
- Time to tear rubber at the Detroit Raceway, where you can channel your inner Mario Andretti and have a race against the wind. Speed fever, activate!
- Head to Greektown, because why not? Wander the vibrant streets, say "opa!" to gyro-slinging vendors, and indulge in a mouthwatering feast of spanakopita and souvlaki.
- Wake up to the groove of Detroit by staying at the hipster haven of the Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney. Neon lights and funky decor, they've got you covered.
- Pay homage to rock 'n' roll history at the legendary Motown Museum. Step into the studio where legends like Stevie Wonder and the Supremes hit all the right notes.
- Embrace Detroit's eccentric side with a guided tour of the Heidelberg Project, a neighborhood turned art installation. Think polka-dotted houses and repurposed objects.
- Take a literal underground adventure to the Detroit Salt Mine. Witness towering salt mountains and learn the salty secrets of this subterranean wonderland.
- Fill your bellies with Detroit's famous "Coney Dogs" at Lafayette Coney Island. Slathered in chili, mustard, and onions, they're a lip-smacking mess you won't regret.
- Stay at the family-friendly Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, a historic gem infused with modern comforts. Plus, they have an indoor pool to make a splash!
- Marvel at Detroit's stunning waterfront by strolling along the Detroit RiverWalk. Enjoy scenic views, art installations, and maybe even catch a live concert.
- Dive into some aquatic fun at the Detroit Aquarium. Explore tanks teeming with colorful fish, learn about marine conservation, and perhaps touch a stingray.
- For a touch of class, make your way to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Let the magical melodies transport you to a world of pure auditory bliss.
- End the day with family-friendly gaming at Greektown Casino Hotel. Roll the dice, spin the roulette wheel, and make memories while winning or losing with style. Bon voyage!
How to get there
The best way to get to Detroit, United States by plane is to fly into Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) which is the largest airport in Detroit and has connections to major cities around the world.
The best way to get to Detroit, United States by car is to take the I-75 or I-94. The I-75 runs north to south while the I-94 runs east to west. Both highways connect major cities in the eastern United States.
Unfortunately, there are no direct trains that connect to Detroit, United States. The closest train station is in Dearborn, about 15 minutes from downtown Detroit, but the service is limited to regional Amtrak connections.
The best way to get to Detroit, United States by boat is to take the Detroit Princess Riverboat. It offers scenic cruises along the Detroit River with views of the city skyline and Belle Isle. It departs from Civic Center Drive in downtown Detroit.
The best way to get to Detroit, United States by bus is to take Greyhound or Megabus. Greyhound has a station in downtown Detroit while Megabus has a stop near the university district.