Explore Pittsburgh: A Day of Art, Food, and Fun!
Experience the city of bridges, culture, and champions in Pittsburgh.
22 April 2023
Pittsburgh is a city in the western region of Pennsylvania known for its stunning architecture, vibrant culture, and rich history. A tourist to the city can witness the stunning skyline, engage in various outdoor activities like hiking, boating, and biking, and explore various museums, art galleries, and theaters. Additionally, Pittsburgh has a bustling food scene, and visitors can enjoy a variety of delicious cuisines from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Day trip plan
Getting latest place information
- Start your day with a hot cup of coffee at Commonplace Coffee in Squirrel Hill.
- Head to the Andy Warhol Museum for a unique art experience, featuring some of Warhol's most iconic pieces.
- Take a stroll through the Strip District and stop by Primanti Brothers for their famous Pittsburgh-style sandwich.
- Visit the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens for a breathtaking look at exotic plants and flowers from around the world.
- Catch a game at PNC Park, the home of the Pittsburgh Pirates and enjoy stunning views of the city skyline and the Allegheny River.
- End your day with a delicious meal at The Commoner, a trendy restaurant featuring locally-sourced ingredients and craft cocktails.
How to get there
The best way to get to Pittsburgh by plane is to fly into Pittsburgh International Airport from your departure airport. There are multiple major airlines that service this airport making it a convenient option for travelers.
Driving to Pittsburgh is an option for those nearby or looking for a road trip. Major highways leading to Pittsburgh include I-76, I-79 and I-376. Once in Pittsburgh, it is recommended to park in one of the public parking garages located throughout the downtown area.
Unfortunately there is no direct train service to Pittsburgh. However, Amtrak has stations in nearby cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C. which offer connections to Pittsburgh via bus or rental car.
While there are no direct boat routes to Pittsburgh, it is possible to travel by boat on the Ohio River which runs through the city. There are various boat tours and rentals available for those interested.
There are several bus companies such as Greyhound and Megabus that offer travel to Pittsburgh from various cities. The main bus station in Pittsburgh is the Pittsburgh Intermodal Station located in the downtown area.