Saint-Denis: A Budget-Friendly Family Adventure of Fun!
Discover the vibrant charm of Saint-Denis, France, where family fun meets historic wonders.
19 July 2023
A family-friendly trip to Saint-Denis, France offers a rich cultural experience combined with numerous fun activities for all ages. Visit the iconic Basilique Saint-Denis, the burial site of French monarchs, where kids can explore the history through engaging guided tours. Enjoy outdoor adventures at the Parc de la Légion d'Honneur, a beautiful park with playgrounds, pétanque courts, and picnic areas, ensuring a memorable and enjoyable family vacation.
Getting latest place information
- Check into the charming Hotel Belle Époque, where vintage decor takes you back in time.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient past with a visit to the Basilique Cathédrale de Saint-Denis, burial site of French monarchs.
- Wander through the enchanting Parc de la Légion d'Honneur, where trees whisper secrets of Napoleonic valiance.
- Get your cultural fix at Musée d'Art et d'Histoire, housing a treasure trove of local artifacts and whimsical art pieces.
- Indulge in a delicious dinner at Le Vieux Saint-Denis, where savory crêpes and escargot mingle with laughter and joy.
- Start the day right with a scrumptious breakfast at Le Petit Marché, with croissants to make your heart sing.
- Explore the vibrant streets of Saint-Denis Market, where intoxicating aromas seduce your senses and multiculturalism reigns.
- Discover the hidden gems in the Marché Saint-Denis, brimming with vintage clothes, antique books, and quirky treasures.
- Experience a fusion of flavors at La Kaz O Frères, where Caribbean spices dance with French classics.
- Unwind in the evening at Le Bar Carillon, where live music sweeps you off your feet and cocktails tickle your taste buds.
- Head to Parc de La Courneuve for a picturesque morning picnic, surrounded by lush greenery and deer playing hide-and-seek.
- Enjoy a leisurely bike ride through the scenic Canal de l'Ourcq, as ducks waddle alongside and swans strike graceful poses.
- Treat the little ones to a day of fun at Parc Georges Valbon, where playgrounds, ziplines, and pedal boats guarantee ear-to-ear grins.
- Rejuvenate with a delightful lunch at Au Poêle de Messeigneurs, where hearty French cuisine warms your soul like a loving hug.
- Bid adieu to Saint-Denis with a tranquil sunset stroll along the picturesque Seine river, a moment to cherish forever.
How to get there
The most convenient way to get to Saint-Denis, France by plane is to fly into Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris and then take either the RER B train or the bus to the city center.
Driving to Saint-Denis is relatively easy, although traffic can be heavy around Paris. The city is well-connected to major highways and has numerous parking garages in the city center.
The easiest way to reach Saint-Denis by train is to take the RER D line, which stops at Saint-Denis train station. From there, it's a short walk or bus ride to the city center.
There are no direct boat services to Saint-Denis as it is an inland city. However, it is possible to take a boat tour along the nearby Seine River, which offers a scenic view of the city from the water.
There are a number of bus services that run to Saint-Denis from Paris and other nearby cities. Eurolines and Flixbus are two popular options.