Uncover the Enchanting Charms of Saint-Denis in One Day!
Explore the rich history and create lifelong memories in family-friendly Saint-Denis, France!
19 July 2023
Saint-Denis, located in the heart of France, is a perfect destination for a family-friendly trip. With its rich history and cultural heritage, families can visit the stunning Basilica of Saint-Denis, where kings and queens of France were buried. The city also offers a variety of parks, playgrounds, and interactive museums, ensuring an enjoyable and educational experience for kids of all ages.
Day trip plan
Getting latest place information
- Start your day at the awe-inspiring Basilique Saint-Denis; marvel at the sculpted gargoyles as they seemingly whisper ancient secrets.
- Visit the Stade de France, where sporting prowess and fan fervor collide. Snap a selfie with the iconic stadium as your backdrop.
- Enjoy a scrumptious lunch at Le Pou La Gourmandise, a charming bistro that serves up French classics with a quirky twist.
- Take a leisurely stroll along Rue de la Republique, where you'll find quaint shops, tempting bakeries, and an abundance of people-watching opportunities.
- Visit the fascinating Museum d'Art et d'Histoire to immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of Saint-Denis through captivating exhibits.
- End the day with dinner at Le Jardin du Maroc, a delightful Moroccan restaurant where aromatic spices transport you to the bustling streets of Marrakech.
How to get there
The most convenient way to get to Saint-Denis, France by plane is to fly into Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris and then take either the RER B train or the bus to the city center.
Driving to Saint-Denis is relatively easy, although traffic can be heavy around Paris. The city is well-connected to major highways and has numerous parking garages in the city center.
The easiest way to reach Saint-Denis by train is to take the RER D line, which stops at Saint-Denis train station. From there, it's a short walk or bus ride to the city center.
There are no direct boat services to Saint-Denis as it is an inland city. However, it is possible to take a boat tour along the nearby Seine River, which offers a scenic view of the city from the water.
There are a number of bus services that run to Saint-Denis from Paris and other nearby cities. Eurolines and Flixbus are two popular options.