A Weekend Getaway to Arnhem, Netherlands
Discover romance in the quaint streets and charming canals of Arnhem, Netherlands.
03 May 2023
Arnhem, Netherlands offers a perfect romantic getaway for couples looking to escape the crowd. Take a leisurely stroll around the stunning scenic parks or explore the city's rich cultural heritage in the quaint medieval streets. Indulge in delicious Dutch cuisine, fine wines, and cozy cafes for a warm, inviting experience that you'll cherish forever.
Getting latest place information
- Check into the NH Arnhem Rijnhotel, a stunning hotel located in a converted 19th-century mansion.
- Start your day with a visit to the famous John Frost Bridge, a historic landmark of the Battle of Arnhem.
- Head to the Museum Arnhem, which features modern and contemporary art from the Netherlands and beyond.
- Take a stroll down the charming streets of the historic center, where you can see unique shops and cozy cafes.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at The Green Rose, a restaurant offering delicious organic cuisine in a stylish, intimate space.
- End your night with a cozy drink at the Jansbar, a quaint bar located in the heart of the city.
- Have breakfast at the Hotel Arnhem Centraal, where you can enjoy a delicious meal while looking out over the city.
- Visit the Hoge Veluwe National Park, where you can rent a bike and explore the stunning landscape of forests, heaths, and sand dunes.
- Take a guided tour of the Kröller-Müller Museum, which houses the second-largest collection of Vincent van Gogh's paintings in the world.
- For lunch, visit the Pancake House Den Strooper, which offers a variety of sweet and savory Dutch pancakes in a cozy atmosphere.
- Visit the Burgers' Zoo, a unique zoo that features a variety of habitats including the rainforest, desert, and ocean.
- End your trip with a romantic dinner at the De Saffraan, a Michelin-starred restaurant offering exquisite cuisine in a charming setting on the banks of the Rhine River.
How to get there
The best way to get to Arnhem by plane is to fly into Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and then take a direct train to Arnhem from the airport train station. The train ride takes approximately 1 hour.
Arnhem is easily accessible by car, with the A12 and A50 highways connecting it to major cities in the Netherlands and Germany. The city has several parking garages and on-street parking is also available, although it can be difficult to find a spot in the city center.
If you are coming from within the Netherlands or neighboring countries, the best way to get to Arnhem is by train. There are direct train connections to major cities in the Netherlands and Germany. Arnhem Centraal is the main train station in Arnhem.
While there are no direct boat services to Arnhem, you can take a boat along the Rhine river and get off at a nearby city, such as Nijmegen or Rotterdam. From there, you can take a train or bus to Arnhem.
There are several bus companies that operate services to Arnhem from different parts of the Netherlands and neighboring countries. Flixbus and Eurolines are popular choices. The bus will drop you off at the Arnhem bus station, which is located next to the Arnhem Centraal train station.